May 7, 2020
Our biggest community asset, the Scofield Farms pool is undergoing a beautification project and will reopen pending state and city government guidance. Presently, the current Governor proclamation states that public pools and private ROA community pools can open on May 8th but only at 25 percent capacity. There is no way for our ROA to properly monitor that kind of limitation without significant increase in cost to homeowner dues. So, we will have to wait until the capacity limitation is lifted.
Meanwhile, some of the pool upgrade projects underway include:
1. Removal and replacement of the front gate (completed)
2. Repaint perimeter fence (under way; changing from green to black)
3. Paint pool building soffit (changing green to cream – underway)
4. Paint metal area at front gate (black – to begin soon)
5. Install large umbrellas at southeast side of pool (in process)
6. Remove, update and replace pool signage (updates include addressing vaping, smoking and pool contamination accidents/protocol)
7. Remove and replace existing lifeguard chairs (ordered) and paint chair poles (underway)
8. Addition of new potted palms (finalizing research)
9. Lastly, order new pool furniture with commercial grade pool furniture (received and ready at opening)
The ROA Board understands the desire for many residents of our community to open the Scofield Farms pool as soon as possible. We remain hopeful with you that soon we will be able to enjoy some summertime fun in a beautiful updated pool center.