Subject: Scofield Farms ROA Regular Board Meeting
Date and Time: 02/02/12 at 7PM
Location: 9600 Great Hills Trail, Suite 100E
Austin, TX 78759
Topics may include general association business, including old business and new business, covenant enforcement and budgeting/assessment. Executive session matters may include personnel matters, litigation, contract negotiations, enforcement actions, confidential attorney communications, matters involving the invasion of owners’ privacy, or matters involving parties who have requested confidentiality and the board has agreed to honor that request.
The playground update
The neighborhood watch update—Ridge partnership—Steve
Specific properties we need to discuss
The pool shed—David
Schedule the annual meeting
Replacement of dead trees
Community forum possible dates
Community event calendar
Path forward to bylaw and DR updates
New laws regarding HOA board meetings became effective 01/01/12.
One state approved method to communicate board meetings is to post meeting notices on our www.scofieldfarms.org website AND to email all owners who have provided their email address to the HOA.
If you have not already done so, please visit and register for the forum on www.scofieldfarms.org. As part of the registration process you are required to provide our HOA with an email address and this email address will be used to send you HOA Board Meeting notices.
If you have any questions you can email me.
Scofield Farms Website
This is to invite you to try GroupMe, a mechanism to quickly communicate important news to our neighbors. It is like the email list, but provides a method of instant communication using your SMS enabled phone. The news could be something like
- “Suspicious car driving south on Scofield Farms drive”,
- a fire in the neighborhood,
- tornado or hurricane news,
- help me messages that warrant a quick dissemination.
- Scofield Farms’ neighborhood watch messages.
We are trying this out with an initial group of volunteers. In a couple of weeks, and depending on feedback from the group, it would be made generally available to whoever would like to be texted instant neighborhood messages. We’ll make sure that this is used for appropriate messages, and that non-residents are not added to this group.
So if you would like to volunteer to be an early adopter, please use one of the following methods:
1) If you are already a member of the Forum just email the webmaster from the same email account as the one you use for the Forum and indicate that you desire to join SF Instant Communicator. The webmaster will add you to the group and provide you with additional instructions.
2) If you are not a Forum member please consider joining the forum. If you choose to not be a part of the forum please email the webmaster your name, pool card number and either your SMS enabled phone or email address. After verification the webmaster will add you to the group and email you additional instructions.
Here is the email address for the webmaster:
SF Instant Communicator uses GroupMe. Any users, whether sending or receiving text messages with GroupMe, should be aware that standard text messaging rates may apply. Text messaging rates can normally be found by asking your provider.
Thank you, Kevin for suggesting this application. Special thanks to Piyush Mehta and Jerry Sachs for their work in researching and testing this solution.
We would like to welcome Debbie Southerland as our new assistant webmaster. Debbie and her family have lived in the Park section of Scofield Farms for 7 1/2 years. She is looking forward to the chance to build community among neighbors through the Web site.
In this day and age it can be difficult to meet your neighbors or to have any of their contact information. A friend of mine gave me the following link to a website that makes getting the contact information easy:
I tested it and it seems fairly accurate.
I hope this helps you to better connect with your neighbors.